Good Morning! I was very surprised and much honoured to be nominated for a Liebster Award last week. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply youngnaiveniamh, but i’m very grateful!
I had never heard of the Liebster, so I looked into it, and the award is a way of recognizing and encouraging new bloggers. It involves answering some questions set by the person that nominates you, then passing it on to others. So here goes:
1.Tea or Coffee?
Neither, I’ve just never got into them. I do drink fruity caffeine-free tea sometimes though!
2. If you could be a celebrity for a day, who would you be, and why?
Ooh, I’d have to be Mary Berry on a day when she’s judging the Bake Off. Then I could wander around the tent, try everybody’s baking and give them my opinion. I would love to tell somebody they have a soggy bottom.
3. What is your favourite artist/band and why?
Tricky as i’m not the kind of person to listen to music all day, but Biffy Clyro are top of my list of bands I really want to see live.
4. What is your most treasured possession?
I have loads of things that could apply, but my wedding and engagement ring are the only things that go everywhere with me!
5. Long hair or short hair and why?
I have short hair, actually it needs cutting off at the moment, because I think the style suits me.
6. What is your funniest moment/memory and why?
The one memory that is guaranteed to make my whole family cry with laughter is my mum’s reaction to a Christmas cracker joke one year. There are lots of others, but that memory will still make me laugh when I think about it today.
7. Favourite food and why?
There is no answer to that question! I love all food too much! Perhaps cake, but really, I just love food.
8. If you could have dinner with anyone famous, dead or alive, who would it be?
The Emperor Augustus. I would love to try out an imperial Roman dinner, see what his family dynamic was really about, and experience his after dinner entertainment. Hopefully he would have invited some of my favourite poets in to give post-dinner recitals.
9. How do you relax after a long week?
I like to play squash, get outside if the weather is nice, and spend time in the kitchen, making a nice dinner or baking something.
10. What inspired you to start blogging?
I’ve always loved cooking and baking, and I like to be experimental and make up my own recipes. I’ve also always tried to eat healthily and come up with ways to make my favourite food more healthy, so I decided to start blogging as a way of recording the sort of the things I cook because I never seem to make the same dinner twice and when people ask me what I eat I can never think of any typical meals!
Ten facts about me:
- I hate raisins.
- I named my first car Blanche, our new car is Blanche Jnr.
- My laptop is named Francis.
- I’ve never successfully kept a plant alive for more than about 6 months.
- I once learnt ancient Babylonian at uni.
- I always wear odd socks.
- I don’t like hot and cold food mixed together, no ice cream with warm desserts!
- I am left handed.
- I love picnics.
- I have always waned to travel to Japan.
My questions for my nominees:
- Who is your biggest influence?
- Which book are you reading at the moment?
- Which is your favourite season of the year and why?
- If you opened your own cafe or restaurant, what would you call it?
- Dogs or Cats?
- Which is your favourite superhero?
- Tell us about a place that is special to you and why?
- If you could only eat one meal forevermore, what would it be?
- Tell us a joke.
- What motivates you to keep blogging?
Well done if you read this far! I hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about me, and thanks again to youngnaiveniamh for the nomination!